22 Jan Beat the Winter Blues with Massage
Picture a Canadian winter and the optimist in us may think of beautiful snowy landscapes, ice hockey and a warm drink by a crackling fire. The realist in us, on the other hand, likely thinks of frigid temperatures, white-knuckle driving and dark, dreary days.
With our long Canadian winters often comes a phenomenon affectionately knows as the winter blues. In fact, the winter blues affect 25 to 35 percent of Canadians and symptoms include:
- Feeling sluggish and weighed down
- Having a hard time rising in the morning
- Increased appetite for hearty comfort foods
- Mild depression or an overall feeling of unhappiness
With several more weeks of winter ahead, massage is an effective way to combat your winter blues. Regular massage throughout the winter months can:
- Improve sleep and help regulate circadian rhythms
- Boost the immune system and energy levels
- Enhance mood and help with stress management
- Reduce muscle fatigue and improve circulation
Winter is no match for you with Massago on your side. Book today!