17 Jun We’ll be resuming services on June 25th
Thanks so much for your patience over the past few weeks as we’ve been gearing up to restart our services.
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our clients and therapists, especially under the current circumstances. We’ve wanted to make sure we have the right COVID-19 policies and protocols in place and that our team of therapists is fully prepared before we reopen.
We’re pleased to announce that we’ll be resuming services on June 25th. You’ll be able to book a massage through the app from that date. You can start to pre-book appointments with your favourite RMT now, based on their availability, through our Client Care Centre by sending a text message to (289) 512-5138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s how we’re protecting you:
- Our new policies and procedures meet or exceed the standards of local and national regulatory bodies for registered massage therapy.
- In Ontario, your RMT has successfully completed their provincial Infection Prevention and Control test required before being able to return to practice.
- We will screen all therapists daily for COVID-19 symptoms before allowing them to accept appointments. They are also encouraged to take their temperature daily.
- Before and after your treatment, RMTs will thoroughly wash their hands, forearms and elbows with soap and water. They will also have Health Canada-approved hand sanitizer on hand (alcohol-based, with 60%-90% alcohol).
- Your therapist will clean all surfaces of the massage table including the face cradle, and use a disposable face cradle cover that is changed between clients.
- Therapists are required to use a “wipe twice” method on surfaces (wipe once to clean, wipe again to disinfect) using products approved by Health Canada.
- During your treatment, your therapist will wear a surgical/procedure mask (not cloth). They must also wear a mask whenever within 2 metres of another person. RMTs have been trained on safely using and disposing of PPE.
- In addition to hand hygiene, your RMT may choose to wear single-use latex gloves during your treatment, although this is not a requirement. If used, gloves will be changed between clients and properly disposed of. If you have a latex allergy, please advise your RMT before your treatment begins.
- Your therapist is required to keep detailed records of the infection prevention and control practices they followed during your session, according to regulation.
What we’re asking you to do:
- Do not book a session if:
- You are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19
- You have travelled internationally within the last 14 days
- You have not experienced any symptoms within the past 2 weeks
- Anyone in your household has knowingly been exposed
- Please complete the COVID-19 Disclosure Form no later than 4 hours before your appointment. If we do not receive it, your booking will be cancelled and you will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. For same-day bookings, please complete the form as soon as your booking is confirmed. RMTs cannot provide treatment to someone with symptoms of COVID-19 regardless of the reason for treatment. You will be asked immediately prior to your appointment if your COVID-19 status has changed.
- If you are a new client, complete your Health History Form no later than 4 hours before your appointment. If we do not receive it, your booking will be cancelled and you will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. For same-day bookings, please complete the form as soon as your booking is confirmed.
- Provide a sink and soap for your therapist to wash up prior to your treatment.
- Provide your own linens and pillow case.
- Wear a disposable or cloth mask throughout your treatment.
- Wash or sanitize your hands prior to treatment. We also recommend that you shower before your treatment.
- Keep children and others 6 feet away from the massage table and the therapists’ belongings to follow social distancing protocol.
We believe that the convenience and safety of being treated by a healthy, qualified therapist in the comfort of your home is the future of RMT, and we’ll continue to do everything we can to remain your top choice for in-home massage.
We really look forward to getting back to work.