21 Sep Why Is Massage Important for Athletes?
The following benefits can be experienced through the application of sports and deep tissue massage techniques:
- Reduction in muscle tension, muscular pain and discomfort
- Increased range of motion, leading to enhanced performance
- Decreased muscle stiffness and soreness after exercise or physical activity
- Reduced recovery time post injury
- Increased levels of relaxation and reduction in physical and psychological stress levels
- Aids sleep quantity and quality
These benefits are largely the result of an increase in local blood circulation which helps to flush out chemical irritants and waste products which have stored up within the muscle. At the same time, fresh blood flow increases oxygen and nutrient content within the muscle. This in turn can help with muscle repair and leads to a reduction in muscle tension.
Book your sports massage with a Massago RMT